Monday, March 21, 2011

What's Your Story, Buckeye?

What's your story, Darke Buckeyes? 

To begin this blog, I want to share briefly my best memory of being a Buckeye: 

I spent the majority of my time as a Buckeye at a regional campus to save on room & board.....I almost dropped out when I moved halfway across state to Greenville due to marriage and a poor transfer report from Wright State that indicated after 170 credit hours at OSU I would still have to take another 2 1/2 years with them to complete a B.S. I had never visited main campus for a class and it was not until I met with an academic advisor at the Fisher College of Business in August of 2004 that I fell in love with the beauty of the business college and re-dedicated myself to finishing school. I spent the next 5 consecutive quarters driving between Greenville and Columbus 100 miles each way 2-5 days per week. I put 47,000 miles on my car in a little over a year. I worked part-time in Greenville at Hamilton Motors from 7:00-11:30 AM and then drove to Columbus and returned home between 11 PM-midnight. I still know certain things: it is 100 miles exactly from Hamilton Motors' parking lot (now Spirit Medical) to Ohio Stadium where I used to park for class. Once you hit the Springfield exit for the Clark County Fairgrounds, it is exactly 1 hour away from Greenville, about another 40 minutes from Campus.

A fellow club member had an interesting observation last week that had me thinking. She commented that whenever someone asked her what her best memory as a Buckeye was, she wanted to have something to share that would amaze the person. 

While my story just makes me sound like a lunatic, there are others with great stories to share. We all love vintage photos and stories from the good ol' days.

With that segway.....

Do you have memories of being a Buckeye? Please share them.....one of my favorite things is reading the different memories former Buckeye athletes have....each of us have a story that is every bit as interesting.....

Thank you in advance for your time, thoughts and words.

Let's Go Bucks!

Scott '05
osuacofdarke@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment