Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Local Buckeye Alumni Donates Time, Talent at 156th Great Darke County Fair

Buckeyes are not much more loyal than Jan Boyer; she is loyal to everything in which she takes part. Believe my surprise when I saw her as the pleasant lady about ready to paint tattoos on both of my sons' arms at the 156th Great Darke County Fair. In the brief time I sat with Jan, I learned some interesting information about her; she was a dual major at Ohio State in home economics teaching and home economics extension work. Not only that, she was a pretty good artist, with some very nice paintings on display. She had been at the fair on Friday the 23rd from 10 AM until 8 at night...a schedule which she meticulously kept daily to keep the young fair goers happy. At a $1 donation to the Darke County Arts, the $1 was a small donation to get to sit with a treasured member of our community and our club. The bonus was that by the time she was done, my boys were smiling.



How Firm Our Friendship - 

Scott '05



No comments:

Post a Comment